ZIMMER GROUP IS A PIONEER IN THE FIELDS OF CLAMPING AND BRAKING ON PROFILE AND ROUND GUIDES.
More than 20 years of development and market experience have yielded more than 4,000 products. Zimmer Group offers the most comprehensive and innovative portfolio of products and services, reflecting the highest possible quality and reliability. Clamping and braking elements from Zimmer Group routinely perform critical positioning, holding and braking tasks. They ensure precision during cutting processes and boost efficiency with short cycle times. Their secure hold maximizes safety and protects the machines.
- Very high holding force on small dimensions
- No relative movement for the workpiece
- No clamping forces transferred to the guide block
- High positional accuracy
- High stiffness
- Virtually wear-free
- Available for all common guide manufacturers
- Emergency stop-capable series with an integrated unique surface for braking
- Series MBPS/UBPS/LBPS/KBHS/LBHS and RBPS permit the use of corresponding contact profiles for dynamic use (braking) as a safety feature.
- The frictional connection between the clamping element and the linear guide is generated on the free surfaces of the guide rails, avoiding damage to the running surfaces of the ball guides and roller slides.
- The clamping elements do not perform any guide function. Therefore, it is not possible to exchange a guide block with a clamping element. The ideal position of the clamping element is between two guide blocks.
BRAKE AND CLAMPING ELEMENTS WITH INTEGRATED VALVE
Braking elements assume a core safety function in machining and handling systems by ensuring that machines and systems stop as quickly as possible in an emergency. In the event of a power outage, loss of pressure, or emergency shutdown, they absorb the kinetic energy present in moving components such as Z axes or machining tables. The braking element’s response time is crucial here because the faster the system stops, the less damage there will be—and damage may be avoided entirely.
Zimmer clamps and brakes are suitable to match with many linear profiled guide manufacturer brands. Tech Spec Inc. is specially prepared to match Zimmer Linear Technology (LT) Clamps & Brakes with Hiwin Guideways for linear ball bearings or linear roller bearing guides. Our warehouse has many items in stock with trained personnel ready to assist you in selecting and supporting these components for your various applications.